Wednesday, June 2, 2010

children

God gives us children so we can enjoy our childhood all over again. We seem to forget that and start putting too many rules and regulations on them with "do this!"..."don't do that!" and even by enrolling them in multiple classes or the best school, etc.

I have always enjoyed making tents made out of bedsheets, cardboard ramps for the cars while waiting for them to come home from school...watching HE-MAN cartoons with them.... I couldn't wait for the Berenstein Bear's new book to come out so we can read it together...also making rope slide for their G I Joes......

Now I get to do it all over again with my grandsons...with the 2 year old, I'm doing the army crawl, pretending to throw a baseball like a pro, putting myself in "time out" or with my 7 year old, skipping jump rope and sleeping with Jack (my teddy bear) and Jerry (his teddy) --He even makes sure I hold Jack properly when I am climbing the stairs! These past 4 days I have been so wrapped up in being a kid with the that I even forgot to take my medicines, but I am fine.

I have never let my inner child die. Keep that child alive and enjoy your children by being one of them. It's the best stress reliever medicine.

Take care.

Love,
Nima

No comments:

Post a Comment